Judging by the corpses, human bones and blood splatters at the entrance, the trolls seem to have cleared out the bandits who were using the cave as their hideout. The tools and equipment scattered throughout the interior indicate that Darkshade may have once been a mine.
- Heavy Armor skill book How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs, on the top of a bedroll with an iron mace beside it, in the largest chamber with the waterfall.
- Three gold veins are in the cave, as well as another gold vein just outside.
- One vein to the right side of the first room.
- One on the right wall after the first room, but before the large room with the waterfall on top of the overhang on the rear wall.
- One vein to the right of the waterfall, underneath the overhang.
- The Creation Kit mistakenly labels Darkshade as being in Falkreath Hold, although it is labeled as being in Whiterun Hold in the Official Game Guide.
- When given as a location for a radiant quest, the quest journal refers to the location by the name "Darkshade Copse."
- Darkshade is a possible location for the miscellaneous quest "Find Runil's Journal."
- It is a possible location for "Shalidor's Insights."
- The trolls are not leveled, and always appear as the weakest variation.
This section contains bugs related to Darkshade. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The first vein inside the cave may not be obtainable through clicking on the vein, or manually mining the vein.