- For other uses, see Darkwater Crossing.
Darkwater Crossing is a mining settlement located in southern Eastmarch. The property is monitored by Stormcloaks or Imperial Legion soldiers, depending on events during the Civil War. Verner and Annekke's House is located near the entrance of the mine. The miners recently started to have a case of bad cough down in the mine and are seeking the help of the alchemist in Windhelm.
- The heavy armor skill book Chimarvamidium on a barrel, next to some bedding.
- Corundum Ore – 4 veins found in Goldenrock Mine.
The residents of Darkwater Crossing, particularly Tormir and Hrefna, often mention a pair of men, Dasturn and Meieran. Their dialogue implies that the two are also residents of Darkwater Crossing. Neither of the two actually appear here, however.
There is a random encounter spawn-point next to Darkwater Crossing, to the southeast just behind the mine. If the random encounter includes hostiles, they may wander into the town and start attacking the residents.
- This is where Ulfric Stormcloak, Ralof, Lokir, Gunjar, and several Stormcloak soldiers were ambushed before they were taken to Helgen. This is revealed in the quest "Before the Storm" by Ralof.
- Dragon Souls may or may not be collected every time this happens. Dragons may respawn here repeatedly after fast traveling to Darkwater Crossing every time.