- Bloodlet Throne
- Bloodskal Barrow DR
- Deepwood Redoubt
- Fort Fellhammer
- Halted Stream Camp
- Hob's Fall Cave
- Lost Echo Cave
- Mara's Eye Pond
- Red Eagle Redoubt
- Redwater Den
- Serpent's Bluff Redoubt
- Sunderstone Gorge
- Tolvald's Cave
- Treva's Watch
Bashing with the Dawnguard Rune Hammer, whether in the air, directly against a surface or even against an enemy, places a Fire Rune on a nearby surface. Rather than expending Magicka to place the rune, Stamina is instead used in the act of bashing.
Once the rune has been placed, it behaves much like a regular rune and will explode for 50 points of Fire Damage when enemies touch it. Only one rune may be placed at a time, as attempting to place another will remove the previous rune.
The Dawnguard Rune Hammer does have the enchantment of normal Dawnguard weapons, which deals extra damage to vampires, despite not actually listing it.
The warhammer is unable to be enchanted additionally, regardless of perks, unless the player uses console commands.
- Bashing is not a silent action, so placing a rune will cause detection, unlike casting it normally with the Quiet Casting perk.
- Can be useful for leveling up the Destruction skill by expending Stamina rather than Magicka.
- The enchantment makes the Dawnguard Rune Hammer a powerful weapon for lower-level users as it grants the ability to create powerful fire runes that would otherwise require an Apprentice level of skill in Destruction magic as well as large amounts of Magicka.
- The warhammer's rune distance is increased with the Destruction perk Rune Master, and Ahzidal's Helm of VisionDR making it a close and long-range weapon.
- Runes can be placed on the ground while using Become Ethereal and it will not end the Shout, as long as no enemies are bashed. This can be helpful, as runes can be safely placed near enemies, with the enemies unable to attack.
This section contains bugs related to Dawnguard Rune Hammer. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Bashing a surface sometimes does not place a rune.
- The Dawnguard Rune Hammer may disappear if dropped or placed in a weapon rack or display.