Deer are passive animals found throughout Skyrim.
Description[edit | edit source]
They are light grey, and if looking closely it's possible to notice the difference between male and female: The females are slightly smaller and are more slender than the males, and have small antlers, resulting in receiving small antlers as a drop from females and large antlers as a drop from males.
They are fragile targets that are easily dispatched due to their low amount of health. However, if the Dragonborn succeeds in attacking one without killing it, it will flee rather than fight back, which can often be achieved by using a weak ranged spell or low level bow/arrows.
If the Dragonborn is careful and does not disturb the deer, they can be found grazing or slowly wandering around. The moment the deer spots the Dragonborn, they will attempt to run regardless as to whether or not the one is acting aggressively. They can then be easily picked off with a well-placed arrow.
General Stats[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- They can run very fast, potentially making it difficult to kill them before they escape
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Low health
- Cannot cause damage to enemies
Damage types[edit | edit source]
Soul level[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Deer (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Occasion when fleeing after attack, deer may randomly slide up objects at impossible angles, such as with trees or rocks.
- If a deer is attacked by a wolf or any other animal, its pelt and/or venison may be missing when looting its body, though whether this may be intentional to indicate that the pelt and meat were too damaged to be of use is unknown.
- After engaging in a fight out in the wilds where deer can be found, sometimes a red dot indicating an enemy will be seen on the compass. If it is followed then it will lead to a random deer nearby. this also seems to happen with foxes, and sometimes both become "hostile," but flee like normal.
- If a deer flees into water, it may move around wildly and then disappear completely.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|