The Direnni Tower, also known as the Adamantine Tower, Ada-Mantia,[UL 1] Ur-Tower,[UL 1] Tower Zero, and House of We by the Aedra,[UL 2] is believed to be the oldest building in Tamriel, if not the entirety of Nirn. It is believed to have been built by the Aedra soon after the creation of Mundus, around ME 2500. The structure became known as Direnni Tower in honor of the Direnni Clan, and is located on the Isle of Balfiera. The Direnni Tower has the Zero Stone located within. Every mature member of the Direnni Bloodline is allowed to touch this stone once.
Convention was an event that ended the Dawn Era and signaled the start of the Merethic Era. This occurred when Akatosh created the Adamantine Tower in order to convene with the Aedra and decide the punishment for Lorkhan, who tricked them into creating Mundus.
The Aedra punished Lorkhan by removing his heart, however the heart was tied to the existence of Nirn. Auri-El and Trinimac, after a failed attempt to destroy the heart, tied it to an arrow and shot it into the sea in east. Where the heart landed formed the Red Mountain, and the island of Vvardenfell rose around the volcano.
Sometime after the events at the beginning of the Merethic Era, the Direnni Clan decided to use the tower located in the Isle of Balfiera. Many Dirennis were famous, and the clan has lived in this tower for many centuries. Later, it was renamed as the Direnni Tower, in honor of the clan.
Some time prior to 3E 405, King Lysandus's wife, Queen Mynisera, banished the court sorceress Medora Direnni from Daggerfall after she discovered Lysandus was having an affair with her. Knowing Medora would return to Direnni Tower, Mynisera then cursed it to trap Medora so that she would never be able to leave. After the curse was lifted by the Hero of Daggerfall in 3E 405, they saved Medora and restored the Direnni Tower to its original state.
- The tower can be seen off the coast of High Rock in The Elder Scrolls Online. However, it has a near-identical appearance to the White-Gold Tower.
- Although the Isle of Balfiera exists in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and can be viewed via console commands, the Direnni Tower does not appear.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: High Rock
- Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: Lord of Souls
- Tower of Adamant
- Before the Ages of Man – Aicantar of Shimerene
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: High Rock – Imperial Geographic Society
- Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree
- Once – Beredalmo the Signifier
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Eras – Imperial Geographic Society
- The Monomyth
- De Rerum Dirennis
- Events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- September 23, 2013. The Elder Scrolls Online Ask Us Anything: Lore
|High Rock Locations in Lore|
|Cities||Camlorn • Daggerfall • Evermore • Fharun • Jehanna • Northpoint • Orsinium • Shornhelm • Wayrest|
|Regions||Bangkorai • Glenumbra • Rivenspire • Stormhaven • Wrothgar|
(Miscellaneous: Betony • Isle of Balfiera)
|Landmarks||Anticlere • Beldama Wyrd Tree • Bisnensel • Bjoulsae River • Crypt of Hearts • Direnni Tower • Dwynnen • Firebrand Keep • Frostbreak Fortress • Glenumbra Moors • Honor's Rest • Sorrow • The Doomcrag • Traitor's Tor • Weeping Giant|