"Do Not Delete" is a scripted placeholder (with four different IDs) left in-game by developers to represent the total gold-value merchants can hold. Its presence explains why gold can be pickpocketed from Merchants, without their total gold value depleting.
It appears as a tiny version of a wooden chest. It has no base value or any notable uses and a weight of 0.5 . It is possible to come across it while clearing dungeons. It can be dropped or placed into a chest for safe keeping and appears as stolen when kept safe in a normal chest. It cannot be bought back after 24 hours in game time. It can also be used to reach otherwise inaccessible places in the game, as it floats in place when dropped.
When placed, the rotation of the player is related to how the chest is placed. Looking parallel to the entrance of the room usually results in a completely level box. However, looking perpendicular to the entrance can place the box on its side.
"Do Not Delete" chests can only stack in groups of 11. Once a twelfth chest is picked up, it begins a new stack.
("tcl" marked locations require "tcl" Console command or platter/plate with a Do Not Delete box already)
- Inside most shops using "tcl"
- Behind the wall of The Hag's Cure
- Inside Elgrim's Elixirs
- Underneath The Pawned Prawn
- Near the Stone of Barenziah in Mistveil Keep, Jarl's Bedroom, behind the bed.
- Under the counter in Warmaiden's ("tcl")
- Underneath Arcadia's Cauldron ("tcl")
- Underneath Belethor's General Goods ("tcl")
- Underneath The Drunken Huntsman
- Under the floor in Heimskr's House ("tcl")
- Under the floor in House Gray-Mane ("tcl")
- Under the floor in House of Clan Battle-Born
- Under the floor in Amren's House
- Under the floor in Carlotta Valentia's House
- Underneath the floor inside The Bannered Mare
- Two behind the walls in Dragonsreach Jarl's Quarters one near the Stone of Barenziah in the Jarl's Bedroom, behind the bed. The other behind the wall of the study on the opposite side.
Under the floor in House of Clan Shatter-Shield ("tcl")
- Underneath the floor of New Gnisis Cornerclub
- Underneath the floor of Candlehearth Hall
- Behind the walls upstairs in the White Phial.
- Under the floor in Arch-Mage's Quarters ("tcl")