Dogs are animals which can be either aggressive or passive depending on their owner or the actions of the Hero. They can often be found with bandits and marauders. They will howl if they find a dead body. They are not the biggest threat to a traveler as they have no resistances, yet they also have no weaknesses. They also don't drop any kind of significant loot. Normally, they bark if any intruders enter the house they are living in, and in the case of Luna and Daisy, they will attack anyone that has a weapon drawn.
- Minor loot
- Can feast on human corpses for a 50% damage buff for 60 seconds (5 minute cooldown).
- Not as fast as other animals (Speed 13).
- Possibility of transmitting the disease Witbane (10%).
- Bailey – Rimalus Bruiant's House in Chorrol
- Charlotte – Salomon Geonette's House in the Imperial City, Temple District
- Crazed Dog – Anvil Lighthouse Basement as part of the Dark Brotherhood quest "Following a Lead."
- Daisy – Ganredhel's House in Cheydinhal
- Hjalti FS – Battlehorn Castle in Chorrol
- Jake – Applewatch
- Kezune – Rimalus Bruiant's House in Chorrol
- Luna – Ganredhel's House in Cheydinhal
- Mojo – Anvil Fighters Guild Hall. Classed as assaulting a guild member if attacked or killed.
- Pumpkin – Rockmilk Cave
- Rohssan's Dog – "A Fighting Chance" in the Market District.
- Sakeepa's Dog – Sakeepa's House in Aleswell
- Ushnar's Dog SI – New Sheoth in the Shivering Isles
- There is also a dog called Clancy that does not appear in the game. This dog was most likely planned to be part of the Cheydinhal Fighters Guild like Mojo is to the Anvil Fighters Guild
- The dogs in Oblivion resemble German Shepherds, a common breed that originated in Germany.
- Dogs tend to bump into the Hero often. This can be problematic if the Hero is using a ranged attack, as it may throw off the aim or make the dog a target.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|