Background[edit | edit source]
The origin of the Dragonknights is traced to the first Akaviri invasion in 1E 2700, when the Akaviri met Reman at Pale Pass. Surrendering in service to Emperor Reman, the elite Akaviri under his command eventually became the Dragonguard, acting as the personal honor guard of the Reman Dynasty. While protecting the Remans, the Dragonguard were said to have been using powers and magic learned directly from the Dragons, native arts in their homeland of Akavir. After the assassination of Reman Cyrodiil III, however, the Dragonguard was officially disbanded out of shame until Versidue Shaie reinstated them, this time serving as secret intelligence rather than an honor guard directly, losing their capacity for Dragon magic. Even so, a former Grandmaster of the Dragonguard made sure that this martial art survived into the Second Era, and instructed his disciples to teach this art and spread it themselves. The disciples came to be known as the Dragonknights, masters of magic mirroring that of Dragons.
Skill Lines[edit | edit source]
The Dragonknight, like all classes, has three unique skill lines only available for Dragonknights: Ardent Flame, Draconic Power and Earthen Heart. Each of these skills are more suited to specific roles. For example, Draconic Power is more suited towards survivability, while Ardent Flame is more suited towards dealing damage. The arrows are used to signify a skill's morph choices, e.g. one morph choice for Fiery Grip is Empowering Chains.
Official Builds[edit | edit source]
These are the builds officially recommended by Online's Skill Advisor.
|Name||Description||Primary Stat||Recommended Equipment||Role||Skills|
|Dragonknight Initiate||Learn to channel your inner dragon through the mastery of Dragonknight abilities.||Magicka||N/A||This build is recommended for New Players.||Obsidian Shard, Burning Embers, Burning Talons, Flame Lash, Volatile Armor, Standard of Might, Magma Shell, Unrelenting Grip, Inhale, Dragon Blood, Molten Weapons, Obsidian Shield, All Class Passives.|
|Inferno Dragon||Set your enemies ablaze in an inferno of destructive magic.||Magicka||Light Armor, Destruction Staff||Damage||Lava Whip, Searing Strike, Molten Weapons, Dragonknight Standard, Fiery Breath, Dark Talons, Dragon Blood, Inferno, Ash Cloud, Wall of Elements, Combustion, Searing Heat, World in Ruin, Battle Roar, Mountain's Blessing, Grace, Evocation, Penetrating Magic.|
|Venomous Dragon||Control the field of battle with lethal poisons and furious strikes.||Stamina||Medium Armor, Bow||Damage||Noxious Breath, Take Flight, Venomous Claw, Igneous Shield, Igneous Weapons, Battle Roar, Flames of Oblivion, Corrosive Armor, Eternal Mountain, Combustion, World in Ruin, Helping Hands, Searing Heat, Bloodthirst, Twin Slash, Slaughter, Controlled Fury, Dual Wield Expert, Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Accuracy, Ranger, Vigor, Dexterity, Wind Walker, Agility.|
|Stoneskin Dragon||Channel your fury and charge into the fray like a raging, heavily-armored dragon.||Health||Heavy Armor, One Hand and Shield||Tank||Fiery Grip, Igneous Shield, Magma Shell, Spiked Armor, Heroic Slash, Absorb Missile, Choking Talons, Green Dragon Blood, Puncture, Inner Fire, Shield Wall, Guard, Iron Skin, Warmth, Eternal Mountain, Scaled Armor, Helping Hands, Elder Dragon, Mountain's Blessing, Burning Heart, Battle Roar, Juggernaut, Resolve, Rapid Mending, Constitution, Fortress, Sword and Board, Deadly Bash, Deflect Bolts, Battlefield Mobility.|
|Elder Dragon||Safeguard your allies by granting them powerful boons such as shields, health, and power.||Magicka||Light Armor, Restoration Staff||Healer||Stonefist, Igneous Weapons, Magma Shell, Igneous Shield, Cauterize, Battle Roar, Eternal Mountain, Scaled Armor, Regeneration, Healing Springs, Ward Ally, Blessing of Protection, Force Siphon, Panacea, Essence Drain, Restoration Expert, Cycle of Life, Absorb, Restoration Master, Recovery, Evocation, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration.|
Ardent Flame[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate ability: Dragonknight Standard -> Shifting Standard / Standard of Might
- Fiery Grip -> Empowering Chains / Unrelenting Grip
- Searing Strike -> Venomous Claw / Burning Embers
- Fiery Breath -> Noxious Breath / Engulfing Flames
- Lava Whip -> Molten Whip / Flame Lash
- Inferno -> Flames of Oblivion / Cauterize
Draconic Power[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate ability: Dragon Leap -> Take Flight / Ferocious Leap
- Spiked Armor -> Hardened Armor / Volatile Armor
- Dark Talons -> Choking Talons / Burning Talons
- Dragon Blood -> Green Dragon Blood / Coagulating Blood
- Protective Scale -> Reflective Plate / Dragon Fire Scale
- Inhale -> Deep Breath / Draw Essence
Earthen Heart[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate ability: Magma Armor -> Magma Shell / Corrosive Armor
- Stonefist -> Stone Giant / Obsidian Shard
- Molten Weapons -> Igneous Weapons / Molten Armaments
- Obsidian Shield -> Igneous Shield / Fragmented Shield
- Petrify -> Fossilize / Shattering Rocks
- Ash Cloud -> Cinder Storm / Eruption
Skill books[edit | edit source]
- Ardent Flame: Draconic or Endemic?
- Forged in the Heart of Mundus
- Legacy of the Dragonguard
- Mythical Beast, Real Powers
- To Smite with Dragon Claws
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dragonknight's skill set creates a strong tank; Unrelenting Grip, Dragon Blood and Obsidian Shield prove very useful. In addition, Stone Giant's unique and powerful debuff separates the class from others in terms of damage support.
- Though primarily a close range character, the Dragonknight is prepared from a low level to close the distance between themselves and enemies with the Fiery Grip ability.
- Dunmer, Altmer and Bretons make effective Dragonknights utilizing spell damage for fire damage abilities, which are passive buffs endemic to their race.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Legacy of the Dragonguard
|Classes in The Elder Scrolls Online|