- 1 Word: 5 points of damage per second to stamina for 30 seconds, and a stagger effect of 0.8
- 2 Words: 5 points of damage per second to stamina and magicka for 30 seconds, and a stagger effect of 0.8
- 3 Words: 5 points of damage per second to stamina, magicka, and health for 30 seconds, and a stagger effect of 0.8
Locations: Dimhollow Crypt, Forgotten Vale, and Arcwind Point
|HET NOK KOPRaaK DO SVOLO|
WO PIRaaK MULaaG Wah KRiiN
DOVah NUZ NI GaaN Wah
|Here lies (the) body of Svolo,|
Who possessed strength to kill a
Dragon but not (the) stamina to
|LUNGERD WahLaaN QETHSEGOL|
ahMULii VahRUKT THORGRIMA
DeiNMaaR DO SahQON YOLOS
ahRK DROG DO Lah
|Lungerd raised (this) stone|
in her husband's memory (of) Thorgrima
Keeper of crimson fire
And lord of magicka.
|HET Mah ARNVID FaaL|
STaaDNAU WEN HaaS DENOS
MINDIN KeiN DO GALIK KOLOS
ROK OFaaL DILOS AHRaaN
|Here fell Arnvid the|
Unbound, whose health decline
After (the) war of Galik crags
he received (a) fatal wound.
- Gormlaith Golden-Hilt prefers to use this shout instead of Disarm or Unrelenting Force once Dawnguard is installed.
- The version used by Revered and Legendary Dragons does more damage and will hone in on the Dragonborn from a distance. Damage can only be avoided by standing behind something solid as the creature shouts. It cannot be countered by either spell resistance or spell absorption.
This section contains bugs related to Drain Vitality (Dawnguard). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Marked for Death shouts, a second version (or several more) of one of them, that uses the same words, will appear in the shout menu and will be usable, with all the words having a cooldown of 12. Its description will say "Drains 1 points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 point of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Stamina per second for 20 seconds." Spending a soul on Marked for Death also counts as using it on said copy. Each time a new word is learned for Marked for Death, it is learned for this alternate version as well.
If the Dragonborn has acquired at least 1 word of both the Drain Vitality and
- Fix: Start a new game without Dawnguard installed, after acquiring all 3 words of Marked for Death, it is now possible to install Dawnguard, then acquire Drain Vitality, without the glitched duplicate shout.
- Fix: Un-installing Dawnguard (which will remove all of Dawnguard's content and quest progression), then completing the Marked for Death shout. And, finally, re-installing Dawnguard.
help "drain vitality"and
player.removeshout <ID>, one can remove all versions of the bugged shout and then if words of the shout were already discovered, re-add the words with
player.teachword <ID>(see IDs above).
Using the console commands
- This fix does not work on the Special Edition of the game.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay|
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|