The Draugr Death Overlord is a variant of draugr found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is one of the most powerful types of undead, and typically serves as the strongest foe in a dungeon of draugr residents.
Draugr death overlords are encountered at level 21 and above, and normally will not make any appearances beforehand.
They use Ebony or Ancient Nord weapons, which may also be enchanted, increasing their effectiveness. Those using one-handed weapons may also carry Ebony shields, making for a formidable defense. Most will use shouts, such as Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath or Disarm.
Death Overlords wielding Two-Handed weapons are extremely dangerous opponents, requiring both skill and strength to defeat. They will often send less powerful minions to surround and disorient the Dragonborn to help in their attack. Like all draugr, they possess a double elemental resistance against both poison and frost, plus an immunity against bleeding damage. They can still be affected by the Ghostblade, Ebony Mail and Targe of the Blooded.
Death Overlords may have the following items in their inventory:
- Ebony weapons
- Ancient Nord weapons (honed or standard)
- A leveled amount of gold
- Bone meal
- Precious gems
- Soul gems
- Random ingots
- Nine Divines amulets (i.e., Amulet of Talos, etc.)
- At level 21 and above there is a level 34 Draugr Death Overlord on the throne at the end of Volskygge before exiting to Volskygge Peak. Although this means a very difficult fight, it also means that the Dragonborn can get an Ebony weapon (sword or war axe) early on. If the Dragonborn visits this place at 30th level and above, the level 34 Draugr Death Overlord will be replaced by level 45 Draugr Death Overlord.
- Draugr Death Overlords are one of the few boss draugr able to use the full power Unrelenting Force shout, thus capable of ragdolling the Dragonborn.
- Although they usually serve as the strongest enemy in a dungeon, they will replace all normal draugr in Skuldafn, if the player is of a high enough level.
- Level 45 Draugr Death Overlords cannot be encountered at lower levels.
This section contains bugs related to Draugr Death Overlord. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Volskygge will always be a Draugr Death Overlord, regardless of the player's level when entering, which can result in a very difficult fight. The draugr at the end of