It is a small cabin located west of Hamvir's Rest, south of Morthal, in the vale between the mountains. The cottage's owner, Drelas, is a Dunmer mage specializing in dark magic. If he detects the Dragonborn he will become hostile and attack. He uses Firebolt, Lightning Bolt and frost spells, but Ice Spike appears to be the most common.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
An arcane enchanter and an alchemy lab are inside, along with plenty of ingredients for potions. A chest containing the mage's valuables can be found upstairs. Outside the cottage there is a small vegetable garden and a chicken's nest with two or three chickens. It is also possible to receive Meridia's Beacon from the chest in his upstairs bedroom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A dragon often spawns flying outside the cottage due to Eldersblood Peak being located nearby, which leads to a word wall, just up the hill northwest of Drelas' Cottage.
- Even if Drelas is killed, all the items will be marked as "stolen". However this location can serve as a storage area at earlier levels thanks to the various facilities or can even serve as a standard house if the player elects not to be a Thane of any Hold.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Drelas' Cottage. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Slow Time while in Drelas' Cottage will have a permanent effect until resting. Using the shout
- Taking certain thralls into Drelas' Cottage may make them hostile. One example is a Pyromancer. This could be because the thrall's character class is a similar type to Drelas himself.
- Followers will not answer or help the Dragonborn while in Drelas' Cottage, simply replying with "You're not supposed to be in here." This persists even if Drelas was killed. Only two people retain their standard conversation options, these are Cicero and Serana.
- Serana is a follower and enters the cottage, she may become stuck over Drelas's body after he is killed. The only thing that will solve this is attacking Serana until she falls to the ground. Reentering the house, or trying to fast travel will not help. If
- Drelas does not respawn, nor does anyone else, like a generic mage or bandit. However, the cottage's contents do respawn, but they are still flagged as "Steal."