Dwarven metal ingots are possibly the easiest ingots to acquire in Skyrim, although most of the objects to make them are very heavy, thus making it hard to bring abundant amounts of ingots back to a smelter. Dwarven metal ingots are made by melting down certain pieces of Dwemer metal, which can be found in abundance in Dwarven ruins.
Dwemer metals that can be used in the smelter:
- Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal which yields 3 ingots.
- Large Dwemer Plate Metal which yields 3 ingots.
- Small Dwemer Plate Metal which yields 3 ingots.
- Solid Dwemer Metal which yields 5 ingots.
- Large Dwemer Strut which yields 3 ingots.
- Large Decorative Dwemer Strut which yields 2 ingots.
The best metal to carry for ingot to weight ratio is the bent dwemer scrap metal and the small and large dwemer plate metal. These should take priority when spotted over other, heavier metal items which should be dropped if lighter metals are found.