History[edit | edit source]
Created by the Dwemer long ago, the Dwarven spiders served as repair drones, keeping the massive machines in working condition, even long after their Dwemer masters had vanished (which might explain why the machinery in Dwemer ruins still remains functional).
Upon death they will often drop a soul gem. The size of the gem depends on the Dwarven spider's level, ranging from petty to common. Other common loot found on Dwarven spiders includes Dwarven oil and Dwemer scrap metal.
The tell-tale clinking of a Dwarven spider's metal legs on the floor can give away when one is nearby.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Broken Dwarven Spider DG||6||125||3||120||11.25–16.875||Immune to Poison, Immune to Frost, Resist Magic 25%|
|Dwarven Spider||12||175||3||160||15–22.5||Shock Spit - 15 pts||Explode on death (shock damage). Immune to Poison, Immune to Frost, Resist Magic 25%|
|Dwarven Spider Guardian||16||225||3||200||22.5–33.75
|Shock Spit - 25 pts||Explode on death (shock damage). Immune to Poison, Immune to Frost, Resist Magic 25%|
|Dwarven Spider Worker||6||125||3||120||11.25–16.875||Immune to Poison, Immune to Frost, Resist Magic 25%|
|Warped Dwarven Spider DG||5||94||3||116||7.5–11.25||Immune to Poison, Immune to Frost, Resist Magic 25%|
Unique variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Dwarven Spiders can be found in most dwarven ruins, including:
- Aetherium Forge DG
- Arkngthamz DG
- Fahlbtharz DR
- Kagrumez DR
- Nchardak DR
A Dwarven spider can also be found inside the Dwemer Museum along with a control rod which allows you to control the spider (it acts like any other controlled creature in combat but does not have any dialogue). However, the spider does not leave the museum, and the rod is rendered useless outside of it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If Unrelenting Force is used on a Dwarven spider, it will fall into pieces, but will often gather itself back together after a few seconds.
- If a Dwarven spider is completely unaware of the Dragonborn's presence, the crystal atop its body will not light up. If killed in this state, the construct's usual electrical explosion will not occur.
- When idle, Dwarven spiders may straighten their legs and stand straight up, at which point they will be almost as tall as the Dragonborn.
- Dwarven spiders that are unaware of the Dragonborn's presence may be witnessed repairing the walls and other various constructs inside Dwarven ruins.
- The Dragonborn can obtain a Dwarven spider as a follower in two different locations. The first is found in Markarth during a Thieves Guild quest and can only be summoned once via the Spider Control Rod. The other is a unique spider called a Steadfast Dwarven Spider, found in KagrumezDR in a small locked area opened with a nearby lever. The first Kagrumez Trial must be completed to reach the spider.
- Dwarven Spiders are immune to the Vampiric Drain spell.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (as Centurion Spider)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
References[edit | edit source]
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|