Ebony arrows, along with other Ebony goods, can be bought from blacksmiths around level 40, though they can appear rarely at levels 21+. With Dawnguard installed, they can also be made at a Forge with Ebony Ingots and Firewood, with 24 crafted with each batch. Other locations include:
- In Labyrinthian, there is a separate ruin named Lost Valkygg. Near the end (if one entered through the sunken door), there is a Draugr Deathlord guarding a hole in the floor. He is equipped with an Ebony Bow and 16–18 Ebony arrows. The Deathlord will always appears in the ruin, regardless of character level.
- Narzulbur, the Orc Stronghold. The arrows can be located within the shed, which also contains Iron and Ebony Ore and Iron Ingots. Taking these arrows will be considered stealing, however, and will give the Dragonborn a bounty.
- They can occasionally be found in chests and containers.
- Have a small chance to spawn on Dwarven Centurions at levels 16+. Higher character levels will increase the chance for the arrows to spawn.
- The Fletcher in Solitude may carry Ebony arrows, even at character levels 10+.
- High leveled Bandit archers may have this arrow equipped.
- High leveled Draugr Deathlord and Death Overlord archers tend to carry this arrow, usually in units of 12.