Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Ebony ingots are used to create or upgrade ebony armor & weapons and Daedric armor & weapons. They are also used in the creation of dragonbone weapons.DG Ebony ingots are rare, and are the most expensive ore and ingot.
- Blacksmiths typically sell ingots and ore at level 27.
- Aside from randomly placed veins throughout Skyrim, only two ebony mines exist in Skyrim: Gloombound Mine and Redbelly Mine.
- Two ebony ingots can be found within the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. These respawn every seven days. The quest "Pieces of the Past" is required to be finished before the shrine can be entered.
- Two veins can be found at the top of The Throat of the World, alongside the notched pickaxe.
- In the middle of Shor's Stone (the location of the aforementioned Redbelly Mine), there is a smelter with three ebony ore which may be taken without stealing if the frostbite spiders are cleared out of the mine.
- The locked safe (expert level) in Markarth's Treasury House may sometimes spawn at least two ebony ingots and an ebony armor. These need to be stolen, however.
- A random higher-level ingot of metal can be found in the lower decks of Wreck of the Brinehammer halfway between Dawnstar and Solitude, along with miscellaneous ore. Ebony is a possible ingot.
- Gloombound Mine replaces its ebony ore supply after thirty in-game days.
- Randomly found on high-level draugr.
- Sometimes found on Dwarven spiders.
- General goods merchants can sell ebony ingots as early as level 5.
- There are three ore veins scattered around Blackreach. They can be difficult to see, due to the low level of light in the cavern. Magelight, Candlelight, or a torch, can be used to see the ore veins better.
- Ash Spawn may sometimes drop ebony ore.DR
- In real life, "ebony" is not a metal or even a mineral, but a type of wood from the Diospyros genus of trees. Like the in-game version of ebony, it is black, dense, and quite valuable, although it is primarily used for ornamentation.
- The ebony material, being described as a "glass-like volcanic substance," may be The Elder Scrolls equivalent of obsidian.