Ebony Weapons are a class of weapons in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Unlike their angular, gold-laden counterparts found in Cyrodiil during the Oblivion Crisis, the ebony weapons found in Skyrim during the 4th era have a curved, flowing appearance, swapping the gaudy, gold detailing for more subtle engravings. They are often viewed as the second best type of smithable weapon on the game, until Dawnguard, where they slipped into third. Despite this, they still offer very good use and high attributes. They can be upgraded into Daedric weapons at the Atronach Forge.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- These weapons can be crafted with a Smithing level of 80 with the Ebony Smithing perk.
- Ebony swords and war axes can be found on Draugr Deathlords at higher levels.
- Ebony weapons generally begin to appear as random loot at level 36. However, it is possible to find them at lower levels, but this is rare.
- The Draugr Deathlords and more powerful draugr in Bloodskal Barrow, Lost Valkygg, Valthume and the Temple of Miraak seem to always contain ebony weapons regardless of level.
- Rarely, at higher levels, Bandit Chiefs found during random encounters may carry ebony weapons.
- The Draugr Death Overlord at the end of Volskygge always has an ebony weapon, usually a war axe or sword.
Attributes by piece[edit | edit source]
A list of different types of ebony weapons that can be crafted in Skyrim with their stats and the necessary materials.
|Damage||Weight||Value||Leather Strips||Ebony Ingots||Firewood||ID|
|Ebony War Axe||15||17||865||2||2||0||000139AB|
|Ebony Arrow †||20||0||7||0||1||1||000139BF|
† Crafting ebony arrows requires Dawnguard to be installed. Each recipe yields 24 arrows.
See also[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades
|Weapon classes in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|Arrows • Bolts (DG) • Bows • Crossbows (DG) • Battleaxes • Daggers • Greatswords • Maces • Swords • War Axes • Warhammers|
|Ancient Nord Weapons • Daedric Weapons • Dragonbone Weapons (DG) • Dwarven Weapons • Ebony Weapons • Elven Weapons|
Falmer Weapons • Forsworn Weapons • Glass Weapons • Imperial Weapons • Iron Weapons • Lunar Weapons • Nord Hero Weapons • Nordic Weapons (DB)
Orcish Weapons • Silver Weapons • Skyforge Steel Weapons • Stalhrim Weapons (DB) • Steel Weapons
|Staves • Enchanted Weapons • Unique Weapons • Console Commands|
|Archery • One-Handed • Two-Handed|