They can often be seen running from other predators such as bears and hunters. Although normally passive, the elk will still attack the Dragonborn if under the influence of a Spriggan or spells like Fury are cast on it and if the Dragonborn is the closest thing to the elk. Elk can also be seen wandering together with deer.
- Male elk are larger, have darker fur, and have larger antlers than females.
- While its antlers do not resemble the modern day elk, it is likely modeled after the now extinct Megaloceros or Irish Elk.
This section contains bugs related to Elk (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the elk is shot in the head with a bow that has an enchantment on, it will not have hide when looted.
- Sometimes, elk can run along the ground underwater.
- Sometimes, when an elk is killed, it will turn vertically with its head in the ground and become impossible to loot.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|