They can often be seen running from other predators such as bears and hunters. Although normally passive, the elk will still attack the Dragonborn if under the influence of a Spriggan or spells like Fury are cast on it and if the Dragonborn is the closest thing to the elk. Elk can also be seen wandering together with deer.
- Male elk are larger, have darker fur, and have larger antlers than females.
- While its antlers do not resemble the modern day elk, it is likely modeled after the now extinct Megaloceros or Irish Elk.
- If the elk is shot in the head with a bow that has an enchantment on, it will not have hide when looted.
- Sometimes, elk can run along the ground underwater.
- Sometimes, when an elk is killed, it will turn vertically with its head in the ground and become impossible to loot.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|