Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Regenerate Magicka: Magicka regenerates 25% faster for twelve minutes.
- Fortify Magicka: Magicka is increased by 100 for twelve minutes.
- If the Dragonborn is a vampire and has the Necromage Restoration perk, the effects are increased to 31% for magicka regeneration and 125 for fortify magicka, along with an increased effect duration of 18 rather than the normal 12 minutes.
Usefulness[edit | edit source]
Despite being a food item, it is very useful for mages due to the large boost of magicka and magicka regeneration. The most redeeming factor is that it outlasts potions with similar effects by a large margin. However, it is hard to come by; the selling of moon sugar is not legal in Skyrim, and it is only available from certain vendors.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The ingredients for the food can be purchased from merchants or stolen or taken from a building. One such place is a master-locked storage room in Fort FrostmothDR, which contains significant amounts of all materials required for Elsweyr fondue—a shelf contains several eidar cheese Wheels and ale bottles, and a barrel in the storage room contains several units of moon sugar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elsweyr fondue is the only soup and the only food that displays the magicka bar, rather than the health bar, and is the only food that affects magicka only.
- Khajiit characters do not carry this food unless it is sold to them.
- Sliced Eidar Cheese cannot be used to substitute Eidar Cheese Wheels to make the fondue.
- In spite of its adult ingredients, it can be given as a gift to an adopted child, like a sweetroll.
- If combined with both the Gauldur Amulet or its corresponding fragment, and the Archmage's robes, then total maximum magicka will be increased by 180 points. If combined with the Archmage's robes, Morokei's mask and the Apprentice Stone ability, then total magicka regeneration will increase by 325% and maximum magicka will be doubled.