Design[edit | edit source]
The Elven sword has a broad double-edged blade that has a very light and shiny look. The crossguard is small, in the shape of wings, and has metal stripes on every side.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Unenchanted Elven swords will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 19 and enchanted swords can be found at level 20. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
Fixed locations[edit | edit source]
- Inside a display case within the Jarl's quarters of Dragonsreach.
- On the inside of the counter on a built-in shelf in the Black-Briar Meadery.
- Carried by Redoran guards in Dragonborn.
- Looted from a dead Redoran guard outside Old Attius Farm.DG
- Found on the corpses of two Redoran guards outside Ashfallow Citadel,DG during the events of "Served Cold."
- An Elven sword can be pickpocketed from Lleril Morvayn with a high enough skill.
- In the Forgotten Vale,DG an Elven sword can be found in a skeleton, up a path leading to the frozen lake where the dragons Voslaarum and Naaslaarum will spawn. This path can be found just south-west of the Wayshrine of Learning.
- As a reward for killing General Tullius during the Stormcloak side of the Civil War questline. May also be enchanted depending on the Dragonborn's level.
- The Khajiit trader Ma'randru-jo will have an Elven sword, regardless of level.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
It can be upgraded with a refined moonstone ingot at a grindstone. The Elven Smithing perk doubles the improvement.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When speaking to a Hold Guard while having an Elven sword equipped, they may comment "Why the Elven blade, hmm? Nord steel not good enough for you?"