Enchanting Pick-Up is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in which the Dragonborn must pick up one of several items and deliver it to Sergius Turrianus. This quest becomes available after completing "First Lessons" and is a repeating quest. The items and pick up targets are randomized each time.
- Go to the client and pick up the item
- Return the item to Sergius Turrianus
Sergius Turrianus will ask the Dragonborn to pick up an item from a random person to be enchanted by him. The customer will be in a city and will not be part of the Thalmor or College of Winterhold.
- Okay, I can do that for you. "All right. Be quick about it, will you? This is a good way for the College to bring in some money. Here's the name and location of the client."
- I can't help with that right now. "Perhaps some other time."
Upon arriving at the client they will have multiple and various responses:
"Yes, yes I did. I've already sent instructions, you just need to make sure this arrives in one piece."
"Ah, you're from the College? I've been waiting for you. Please make sure this arrives in a timely manner. And don't scratch it up."
"Oh, good. I've been waiting for you. Here you go, it's all ready. Now, Sergius knows what I want. I'm hoping he can get it done quickly."
"It's about time someone arrived. Here, make sure this is handled properly."
"Oh yes, that. Here you go. I hope this can be ready soon.""Yes, yes. Let's keep our voices down, all right? Just make sure this gets there."
There are 57 different people that can be selected as the quest target. Successfully delivering the item to Sergius will reward the Dragonborn with 600–750. After Level 41, the Dragonborn receives 750.
|Enchanting Pick-Up – MGR10|
|10||Sergius Turrianus needs an item picked up from <radiant character> in <radiant location> and returned to him so that he can enchant it.
|20||I've received the item from <radiant character> and need to deliver it to Sergius at the College so he can enchant it.
|200||I've finished the task that Sergius gave me, and have successfully picked up and delivered the item from <radiant character> so that it can be enchanted.
This section contains bugs related to Enchanting Pick-Up. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If Dorian or Sabine Nytte are the quest target, there is no option to ask them about the item, as they will only say "You're not supposed to be in here." The quest becomes uncompletable.
setstage mgr10 20into the console, allowing the Dragonborn to jump to the next scene in the quest. Solution: type
- Attacking either character to lead them outside the Red Wave, then yielding to them, should allow conversation with them before they go back inside.
- Another option is to simply talk to the character and exit the ship while they're saying "you're not supposed to be in here." They will follow you out and you can then collect the item. Tested with Sabine Nytte on PC.
- Solution: type
- After the Thieves Guild quest "Hard Answers," Aicantar stays in Calcelmo's Tower and does not leave. The dialogue option to accept the item from him is not available, and the quest cannot be completed.
- Stormcloaks, and only after the "Battle for Solitude" quest. Sometimes the person you pick up the item from immediately becomes hostile after they give you the item. This seems to only happen in Hold capitals that have been captured by the
- Even after their deaths, some characters can still appear as targets, making the quest uncompletable.
- It is possible if Marise Aravel is the quest target, she may disappear making the quest uncompletable.
- A target from Raven Rock may sometimes only have default dialogue and refuse to initiate the conversation.
- It is possible to use console commands to jump to the next stage of the quest.
|College of Winterhold Quests|
|Main Quest||First Lessons • Under Saarthal • Hitting the Books • Good Intentions|
Revealing the Unseen • Containment • The Staff of Magnus • The Eye of Magnus
|Side Quests||Arniel's Endeavor • J'zargo's Experiment • Brelyna's Practice|
Onmund's Request • Out of Balance • Rejoining the College
|Master Spell Quests||Alteration Ritual Spell • Destruction Ritual Spell • Conjuration Ritual Spell|
Illusion Ritual Spell • Restoration Ritual Spell
|Radiant Quests||Aftershock • Tolfdir the Absent-Minded • Fetch Me That Book!|
Shalidor's Insights • Enchanting Pick-Up • Restocking Soul Gems
|Other Quests||The Missing Apprentices • Forgotten Names|