- Main article: Dwarven Weapons (Skyrim)
It represents the pinnacle of handheld ranged weaponry in all of Skyrim, with devastating firepower, high velocity projectiles, and a relatively fast reload time. With the proper perks and skill in Archery, and a few dozen Dwarven bolts, this weapon turns low-level characters into formidable fighters.
An enhanced Dwarven crossbow is available for purchase from Sorine Jurard at Fort Dawnguard after completing the last of the six "Ancient Technology" quests. She will also train the Dragonborn how to smith one if requested (Not available if the Dragonborn sides with Harkon during "Bloodline").
After obtaining the schematics for it and asking Sorine Jurard how to create it, it may be smithed with the Dwarven Smithing perk. It can only be made at the blacksmith's forge in Fort Dawnguard and using the following components:
- The enhanced Dwarven crossbow does more damage and is more cumbersome than a dragonbone bow, making it the Archery weapon with the highest damage (versus heavily armored enemies only) and weight in the game.
- The 50% armor ignored is not an enchantment. The crossbow can still be enchanted like a normal weapon. The weapon can have a total of 8 effects; Innate enchantment, critical hit archery perks, paralyze archery perk, double enchants of fiery soul trap and notched pickaxe, and finally poison.
- Calcelmo may ask for this weapon if purchased, sending a note by courier.
- Enchantment is added to the weapon, the effect is not shown. If an