The Execution Hood is typically worn by those about to be executed. When it is taken from the executed body, it can be worn, but it does not impede the wearer's perception while in first person perspective.
Three Execution Hoods can only be found being worn by the following characters:
They can be found in the Abandoned Shack which can be obtained during or after the quest "With Friends Like These..." or "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!." However, it should be noted that they do not respawn.
- If given to a follower, they may equip it, even if they have better helmets in their inventory.
- In the Dragonborn's inventory it sometimes has a cream color. However, when equipped, it is always black.
- If pickpocketed off of one of the three captives, they will keep on mumbling and their voice may still be muffled as if it were still equipped.
- There is a way to get more than three hoods. Using a Dead Thrall spell in any of the wearers may work by removing any clothes left on them, then exiting the cabin. The thrall's clothes and hoods will respawn.
- When equipped onto a mannequin, a caucasian skin tone and texture will be appear on its neck.
This section contains bugs related to Execution Hood. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Mage Armor perk may not work when an Execution Hood is equipped.