Fellglow Keep is a fort in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is a ruined fort located east-northeast of Whiterun in Whiterun Hold. Led by The Caller, mages that had left the College of Winterhold fled to this location to practice forbidden experiments.
The main door to Fellglow Keep is locked and requires a key when first discovered. If the Dragonborn is not on any quest related to the keep the door will be unlocked, but access to the path leading to the Ritual Chamber will be blocked by rubble. In a ruined tower there are stairs leading down to the door into the dungeon.
Fellglow Keep Ritual Chamber
This is the final room in which the stolen books needed for the quest "Hitting the Books" are found. These books are guarded by the leader of the Fellglow Mages, named The Caller. With a high enough Speech skill, she can be convinced to let go of the books and avoid a fight. If the Dragonborn did free Orthorn, he can be traded for the books. If the Dragonborn decides to kill her, she can be looted for her key. This key will open a treasury room filled with alchemy ingredients, potions, and a chest containing random loot. This treasury room cannot be opened from this side without the key, and pickpocketing it off The Caller is not possible. Note that the room can be accessed through a trapdoor if the Dragonborn goes back after taking the books, therefore the Caller does not have to be killed in order to acquire everything within. At higher levels, she will summon a storm atronach; even if she is apparently killed in one hit, the atronach will disappear just as it begins to attack.
- Rare Hooded Black Robes, during the quest "Hitting the Books." They are in a circular room before fighting The Caller.
- A good variety of alchemy & cooking ingredients.
- A good amount of petty soul gems.
- Random Spell Tomes.
- 1 Stone of Barenziah, in the keep itself, in the room with the Anvil, Arcane Enchanter, Alchemy Lab and a workbench. Upon entering, go straight up the stairs. It is the first door on the right.
- 3 Quicksilver ingots, in the same room.
- A Hypothetical Treachery (Destruction) – on a table in between the circle of eight bookcases, just before the library.
- The Doors of Oblivion (Conjuration) – just after arriving at Fellglow Keep from the dungeons.
- Lost Legends, on a shelf near the fireplace in the room with an alchemy lab and an arcane enchanter.
- The Legend of Red Eagle, on a table in the shooting range where two vampires are imprisoned.
- Boethiah's Proving in a circular library before fighting The Caller, on a bookshelf.
- The Aetherium Wars DG in the same library mentioned above, on a bookshelf.
- Fellglow Keep Key is in a mage's equipment, who is asleep in a bed.
- One Briar Heart (inside the 1st door on the left).
- A Shrine of Julianos can be found behind an Adept-locked door, which can be unlocked with the Fellglow Keep Key.
- Coming from Fellglow Keep Dungeons, a fallen Shrine of Talos can be found lying on a pile of rubble in the first room with the Novice Conjurer and Apprentice Storm Mage. A blessing can still be received from the shrine, which is located in front of the broken table.
- A leveled greatsword (half-buried to the left of the Shrine of Talos).
- Ice Mages
- Fire Mages
- Storm Mages
- Necromancer Adept
- Novice Necromancers
- Frostbite Spiders
- In one room in Fellglow Keep there are three cages with vampires in them, with switches on the wall to open the cages. Opening the cages will release the vampires, who will run into the next room, kill the mages there, then leave without harming the Dragonborn.
- The vampires will not level with the Dragonborn, whereas the mages will, so at higher levels they can be increasingly difficult to keep alive and may not even make it out of the first room without help.
- If Barbas is in the party, the vampires may attack him.
- If the Dragonborn successfully stealth kills the mage who is watching the prisoners, one of them may comment on this, saying "And so you learn the power of the night."
- The map may not mark Fellglow Keep as cleared until completing both quests. It is most likely the Dragonborn has not randomly encountered the dead treasure hunter yet. Without the note, the item it identifies will not spawn in the chest.
- Oddly enough, the vampires will still say, "Out of the way, meat," even if the Dragonborn is a vampire or a Vampire Lord.
- If the Dragonborn sneaks through the entire dungeon without killing anything, The Caller will still comment on how you have "laid waste to [her] projects," "killed [her] assistants" and "disrupted [her] work."
- Strangely, if the Dragonborn gets to the room with the caged vampires, does not release them, leaves the dungeon, and then returns, the vampires will be in the next room standing harmlessly near the mages and will not attack them. They will, however, attack if provoked. Once all the mages are killed, the vampires will flee as normal. Their cages will still be closed and locked.
- This is one of the few dungeons, possibly the only one in the game that will autosave as you approach the boss door, even if autosaves are disabled.confirmation needed
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|