Background[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the Soul Cairn, along the initial path that leads to the front of the Boneyard, the Dragonborn will come across a frantic soul calling, "Arvak, Arvak!". He will tell the Dragonborn how he and his loyal steed Arvak came to this realm and were attacked by monsters. He had told Arvak to run, and claims that Arvak is still running, and has been for a long time.
He begs the Dragonborn to find Arvak and disappears. Arvak's Skull must be located in the Soul Cairn to free him.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Arvak's Skull can be found due east from the front gate of the Boneyard where Valerica is found. It will be sitting on a pedestal surrounded by standing stones in a circle which surround four tall pillars in a square. The ghosts there turn into mistmen, bonemen, and wrathmen upon being struck by lightning, and will attack on sight.
After obtaining the skull, the soul who was looking for Arvak will appear nearby, and will teach the Dragonborn how to summon Arvak.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|Find Arvak's Skull – DLC01SoulCairnHorseQuest2|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Find Arvak's Skull. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The quest marker may not appear on the map.
The game might not register that the skull has been acquired, thus making the quest impossible to complete.
- Fix: Reloading a save from before picking up the skull.
- Fix: Wait a day, drop the skull and pick it back up.
Sometimes, when Arvak is first summoned, he will run away as he did before retrieving his skull.
- Fix: Riding Arvak.
- After acquiring the quest, Arvak's owner may reappear after he is spoken to for the first time.
- Fix: Leaving the Soul Cairn, waiting a few days and returning. Then, he may then be found on the far side of the map, near the barrier past one of the large floating crystals.
- When chasing Avark in the Soul Cairn he might run into a wall and stop. If you approach him, he will stare at you, and won't move/disappear.
- Fix: Obtain his head.