Fire Storm is a Master-level Destruction spell that deals 100 base damage, hitting closer targets harder than those further away. Fire Storm unleashes an explosion of flames centered at the caster's location, immediately dealing high fire damage to all surrounding foes within range.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1290
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- The Dragonborn learns this spell automatically after completing the quest "Destruction Ritual Spell."
- Augmented Flames will increase the damage by 25% on the first point and 50% on the second point.
- Intense Flames will cause foes to flee if their health is low.
- Master Destruction will cut the total cost of casting in half.
Function and mechanicsEdit
- Like all Master-level spells, it requires both hands to cast, and takes some time to charge (around 4–5 seconds)
- The charge up renders the Dragonborn immobile and vulnerable until cast or withdrawn. An easy solution is to use the shout "Become Ethereal" before casting. Another method is dual casting Invisibility, wearing light armor, and/or using Muffle, then going in the middle of a crowd and casting it.
- After charging, the Dragonborn cannot cancel the spell by 'sheathing' (lowering) their hands. It is, however, possible to cancel the spell by going into the Magic section of the Inventory and deselecting the spell, or equipping another spell or weapon. This will work for spells or weapons selected from the character menu or from the favorites tab.
- If staggered while using the spell, it cancels like any other spell.
- Casting this spell in a confined space will cause all items to be blasted off of shelves. This could render a quest unable to be finished, if a quest item is blasted to an unreachable location. If this happens, it may be possible to use the Alteration spell Telekinesis to retrieve the needed item.
- Combining both levels of the Augmented Flames perk and the Ahzidal mask makes Fire storm do a total of 187 damage.
- This spell is very useful for fighting large groups of enemies, such as provoked hold guards.
- Just like all fire spells, it is useful against frost related enemies.
- In the College of Winterhold quest "Containment," this spell is a great way of destroying magic anomalies.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|