- For other uses, see Firebolt.
Firebolt is an Apprentice-level Destruction spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting this spell causes a bolt of fire to be shot at the intended target. Unlike Flames, which sprays a jet of fire continuously, Firebolt must be charged momentarily before being fired. Dual-casting this spell creates a unique animation, but in order to dual cast, the Dragonborn must upgrade skills in the School of Destruction. Firebolt is also a possible enchantment for staves. Additionally, the Dragonborn may learn Firebolt before entering the College of Winterhold for the first time, as the Gate keeper Faralda may ask the Dragonborn to perform this spell as a requirement to enter the College of Winterhold. If the Dragonborn does not know how to cast the spell, Faralda will sell it for 30 .
- The "Augmented Flames" perk increases the fire damage done by this spell by 25% on the first point, to 31 damage, and 50% on the second point, to 37.
- The "Intense Flames" perk causes targets to flee when health is lowered by fire damage.
- "Impact" causes this spell to stagger an opponent when dual casting.
- The "Apprentice Destruction" perk will allow you to cast this spell for half the magicka.
- The "Destruction Dual Casting" perk will allow you dual this spell for an even greater effect.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 96
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Farengar Secret-Fire sells Firebolt after the Dragonborn assists Balgruuf the Greater with defeating Mirmulnir. He may also sell the spell beforehand.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells this spell.
- Enthir at the College of Winterhold sells this spell.
- The spell may be found on mage corpses or on tables in dungeons.
- A Firebolt Spell Tome may be found in the room housing the Oculory in Mzulft if the Dragonborn is no lower than level 18.
- The Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon has this spell tome on a shelf straight ahead near the entrance.
- Casting this spell at corpses and other objects will cause them to move a great deal. Dual casting enhances this effect (dual casting at a dragon's skeleton will cause it to fly, sometimes farther than the render distance). A non-combat use is to move objects off high shelves so that they can be easily retrieved.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|