Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Decreases the magicka cost of Restoration spells.
- Boosts the potency of potions crafted with the Alchemy skill.
- Boosts the potency of potions taken after the Fortify Restoration potion.
- Boosts the existing enchantments of weapons, armor, and jewelry temporarily.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
|Ingredient||Primary Effect||Secondary Effect||Tertiary Effect||Quaternary Effect|
|Abecean Longfin||Weakness to Frost||Fortify Sneak||Weakness to Poison||Fortify Restoration|
|Cyrodilic Spadetail||Damage Stamina||Fortify Restoration||Fear||Ravage Health|
|Salt Pile||Weakness to Magic||Fortify Restoration||Slow||Regenerate Magicka|
|Small Antlers||Weakness to Poison||Fortify Restoration||Lingering Damage Stamina||Damage Health|
|Small Pearl||Restore Stamina||Fortify One-Handed||Fortify Restoration||Resist Frost|
|Yellow Mountain Flower DG||Resist Poison||Fortify Restoration||Fortify Health||Damage Stamina Regen|
Items[edit | edit source]
- Diadem of the Savant (reduces all spell costs including restoration thus mimicking a mixture of all Fortify (Magic School) enchantments)
- Various amulets, rings, headgear and armor with 'Restoration' in the title.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Drinking a very high level Fortify Restoration potion (about 500%, so 20% reduction will be multiplied by 5) prior to equipping an Amulet of Talos will eliminate all cooldowns on Dragon Shouts. The effect will be lost if the amulet is removed.
- Drinking a very high Fortify Restoration potion prior to equipping a Diadem of the Savant or Saarthal Amulet will eliminate all magicka cost for all spells until it is unequipped or the character transforms into either a Werewolf or Vampire Lord.
- Riften Fishery is an excellent place to collect three of the ingredients used in the Fortify Restoration potion (Abecean longfin, Cyrodilic spadetail, and salt piles). They can be found in the fish barrels that are abundant around the docks. The Dragonborn must steal the items. However, if Wujeeta is spoken to first and a healing potion is given to her to cure her skooma addiction, one can have free legal access to the Riften Fishery and all items within.
- If the Hearthfire add-on has been installed, one can add Abecean longfin and Cyrodilic spadetail in their hatchery to get many of them (around five to six of each every two or so days). After adding a kitchen to one's house, salt piles spawn there every few days. Yellow mountain flowers cannot be grown in a homestead's garden, however. HF
- Multiple spadetail fish may also be found by going down the river that starts at Ivarstead and ends at Windhelm.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Fortify Restoration. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Items enchanted with Fortify Restoration may have a significantly reduced effect, i.e. even if items that total more than 100% reduction in Magicka are worn, the Magicka cost may still be much higher than it should be, as the cost of Restoration spells should be zero.
The "Fortify Restoration" glitch, when combined with Alchemy enchantments and creating potions that increase skills, can be used to easily level skills up to 100.
- The glitch also works when it comes to creating super powerful enchantments such as high healing rates which match that of the Argonian hist playset.
- If a Fortify Restoration potion is drunk then a piece of enchanted armor is unequipped and re-equipped, the enchantment's augmentation is locked in until the armor piece is removed either by the player or by transforming into a Werewolf or Vampire Lord.
- Drinking a Restoration Potion before acquiring the Extra Pockets skill in the Pickpocket skill tree will give a permanent bonus to the carry weight granted.
- Drinking a Restoration Potion before acquiring the Recovery skill in the Restoration skill tree will give a permanent bonus to Magicka Regeneration.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.