This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
As a way to help promote self-expression on the wiki, I've taken up the project of creating new userboxes. These are small, colorful templates placed on a persons userpage to help the other readers of the wiki learn about the person's interests, favorite characters, playstyles, the platforms they use, and the games they are knowledgeable of. For a list of userboxes that have already been created, see Category:Userboxes. Start adding them to your userpages right now, if you like. An have fun with it.
Feel free to create any of your own, using the ones I've previously made as examples. Try to keep them TES appropriate whenever possible, but I'm open to alternatives. Below, make suggestions for userboxes you would like to see.
- Member of Factions
- Master at Skill
- Preferred Class
- Fan of Daedric Princes
- User games on this platform
- User knows a lot about this game.--—Deyvid Petteys (bother \ stalk) 00:34, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Flag, where they come from. (RL and in tamriel)
- favorite game
- favorite weapon type (Magic, bows, axes. Two handed, one handed, dual)
- fav armor type. G0LD3NF1RE Questions Goes Here 00:46, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Fans of the Nine Divines
- Talos/Tiber Septim
I would like to propose an alternative look. In my opinion, the current userboxes don't look good together when you add a few to your userpage (see Deyvid's page for an example). And the width doesn't work well, considering it's set to 50%. This means you can't add them to (collapsible) tables, it would only work if you make the table width fit the whole page (100%), which would not be what I want. I envision the user page more like 'R_BlaiddDdraig's userpage, grouped and in a collapsible table.
So I propose an alternative look. Userboxes with similar subjects (like the favourite races/divines etc) have a similar border/background color and the image at the same side of the userbox (either left or right).
For a few examples I made, see User:JibstaMan/Userbox and let me know what you guys think!
— JibstaMan (talk) 13:57, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Personally I really like the look JibstaMan uses & think they could use the change.
Raulfin Talk 10:43, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- It's funny you mention that as I made my own minimalist userboxes that you can see here. If anyone is interested then we can maybe work something out.
- Jimeee (talk) 10:57, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I have to say Jimeee's look cleaner, but the size of JibstaMans offers its self to more varied uses.
@width: 250px they seem much better. Raulfin Talk 12:02, August 9, 2012 (UTC)