The basic concept is using the fortify enchanting potion to increase the fortify Alchemy enchantment and then making an even stronger fortify enchanting potion. Repeating this 3-4 times will increase the enchanted items to a very high level. Then one crafts a few fortify enchanting potions that are very strong. Using the stronger enchanting potions to enchant other items that have even larger Fortify Alchemy affects. Then using the larger Fortify Alchemy affect items to craft stronger potions, thus the loop is started.
- At least one item that has the Fortify Alchemy enchantment.
- Several items that can be enchanted with the Fortify Alchemy enchantment.
- Several soul gems for enchanting
- Ingredients for 10 -15 Fortify Restoration potions (any 2 of the 5):
- Ingredients for 4-10 Fortify Enchanting potions (any 2 of the 4):
1. Put on the Fortify Alchemy item/s
2. Create a Fortify restoration potion.
3. Drink Fortify restoration potion
4. Remove Fortify Alchemy and put it back on.
Repeat steps 2– 4 several times or until Fortify Alchemy level does not increase.
5. Craft enough Fortify Enchanting potions to enchant the next batch of enchanted items.
6. Go to the Arcane Enchanter and Disenchant fortify Alchemy item to learn the enchantment.
7. Take the potion to fortify Enchanting
8. Enchant item with fortify Alchemy enchantment
Repeat 7-8 until all new items are enchanted.
Put on the stronger Fortify Alchemy item/s.
Start over at step 2 and repeat until the fortify enchanting potion does not get stronger or reaches an acceptable level.
- Enchanting an item with Fortify Restoration
has the same effect as drinking the potion. Thereby giving a permanent upgrade to your potion making and alchemy enchantments.reduces the cost of restoration spells themselves, this does not increase the potency of restorations spells (enchanting, and alchemy included).
- If you overbuff with fortify health enchantments (I've heard over 10 million HP) you will die the instant that piece of equipment is removed or unequipped. This will effectively stop any progress possibilities in missions such as Diplomatic_Immunity where you are required to remove all of your own stuff in favour of quest-specific, unenchantable gear.
I think this process can be done in reverse, making items that have massive debuffs (this also bugs the game so they end up negatively priced). If anyones interested I think I may be able to find a few examples of the results of these enchantments Mask2697 (talk) 18:10, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
In order to do this with weapon damage, make a Fortify Smithing Potion when you would normally be making (or along side of) your most powerful enchanting potion. Fortify Restoration potions will also effect fortify smithing apparel in the same way that it effects fortify alchemy apparel, so once you're done making potions, quickly change into your fotify smithing gear and drink your fortify smithing potion. This can yield weapons with 1,000,000,000+ damage. It is possible to improve weapons to the extent that their in game stats will roll over into the negatives. Armor on the other hand has a hardcoded combined maximum cap of 567 (this equals 80% physical damage reduction), no matter what it says on the screen. However, virtual invincibility can still be achieved by enchanting something with the "Fortify Health" enchantment.