- For other uses, see Fox.
Foxes are wild creatures found in Skyrim. They are passive to the Dragonborn and wander freely throughout forests, occasionally witnessed hunting other wildlife, such as rabbits. Other larger animals will hunt foxes.
There are two species of fox, which differ only in coloration and pelt types. The normal red foxes can be found almost anywhere, from Riverwood to Whiterun, from Riften to Kynesgrove. Snow foxes live farther north, in snowy regions, such as the coastline between Solitude and Dawnstar.
- A fox named Pumpkin lives in Southfringe Sanctum.
- Foxes' combat sounds are identical to those of wolves.
- With Hearthfire, a red fox may be brought home by an adopted child as a pet. Its name, which is only revealed if it dies, is Kit. A snow fox may also become a pet, and its name is Vix (again, only revealed if it dies).
- When affected by a Courage-type spell, foxes will turn and attack the Dragonborn. It is possible to contract the Rockjoint disease if the Dragonborn is attacked enough times.
- When a fox is under a spell by an enemy, it may flee from the Dragonborn without fighting. However, it will display on the compass as an enemy.
- swimming. If followed, a fox may flee into the water and appear to walk on the sea floor, rather than
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|