- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Frost Breath is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Frost Breath will allow the Dragonborn to shout a frost force in front of the Dragonborn (area of effect: 40–50 feet). Enemies within the area of effect will suffer powerful frost damage for 5 seconds.
Frost Breath is identical to Fire Breath, particularly in terms of raw damage, but as with all frost attacks, it has the additional benefit of slowing enemies down and providing a tactical advantage or time to flee the encounter. It is also particularly useful against frost-vulnerable enemies such against Flame Atronachs and fire-breathing dragons.
Locations: Bonestrewn Crest, Folgunthur, and Skyborn Altar
|Pah WERID SONaaN LUNERIO
WEN YUVON LOVaaS MeyZ
FO HET KO VULON
|All praise Bard Lunerio|
whose golden music became
frost here in night.
|HET NOK BRIT KaaZ ANURASSA
WEN FaaD NIS KOS EVENaaR
ORIN NaaL KRah DINOK
|Here lies (the) beautiful Khajiit Anurassa|
whose warmth cannot be extinguished
even by cold death.
|WULFIN WahLaaN QETHSEGOL JUDii
VahRUKT HREFNA RUVaaK-OM
WEN MiiN DiiN SOS
DO Naan JUL
|Wulfin raised (this) stone in memory of his queen|
whose eyes froze (the) blood
of any king.
- Draugr death overlords may use Frost Breath at higher levels.
- The Dragonborn's Frost Breath and dragons' Frost Breath are different. The Dragonborn's Frost Breath is actually more similar to the dragons' "Ice Storm" Shout (it is like an iceball or ice arrow) rather than their traditional frost Shouts, which are more of a continuous spray, much like their Fire Breath.
- The ability Dragonborn Frost (acquired from the main quest of Dragonborn) turns this shout into an advanced version of the Ice Form shout. This can be an alternative to Ice Form since Frost Breath does more damage and has a shorter cooldown, but with much shorter freeze time.
- Felldir, dragons, frost dragons, and Blood Dragons use Frost Breath.