Gallows Rock is a fort in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is within the hold of Eastmarch. The Silver Hand, an organization of werewolf hunters, has made the fort one of its operating bases. The location is named for the rope noose which hangs from a rocky outcrop in the outer courtyard.
After falling unconscious from a werewolf transformation, the Dragonborn will awaken to find Aela in the woods with them. She mentions a Silver Hand camp nearby that must be exterminated, being Gallows Rock, and explains that Skjor is already inside. The two will navigate the dungeon, fighting Silver Hands and eventually coming across the leader, Krev the Skinner, in a room with three other Silver Hand members. The members have already killed Skjor, whom Aela will stay behind to mourn for a brief period once the quest is complete.
- Last Scabbard of Akrash (Smithing skill book)
- The Importance of Where (One-Handed skill book) – On a table with pelt and pickaxe
- Wolf Armor – On Skjor's body (during "The Silver Hand")
- Upon entering the fort, there is a doorway blocked by spikes and guarded by two werewolf heads on sticks. There is a pull chain on the pillar behind the left head which will retract the spikes and allow entrance to the rest of the fort.
- Treasure Map VII leads to Gallows Rock.
- This is one of the few places where the item Torture Tools can be found.
- Prior to the addition of the Werewolf Vargr in Dawnguard, Gallows Rock contained the only inherently hostile werewolf in the game.
- The werewolves are not hostile if the Dragonborn is in beast form.
- The fort is an excellent source of the ingredient human flesh, because it may be looted from all werewolf corpses.
This section contains bugs related to Gallows Rock. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Open bar glitch (door in first room).