Combat[edit | edit source]
Approaching certain statues will cause the dormant gargoyle to awaken. During combat, their claw attacks absorb health from the opponent.
Hit-and-run tactics and ranged combat both appear to work well, because gargoyles do not regenerate health, but can regain it when in a melee fight.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gargoyle will burst out from a nearby statue, even if the Dragonborn is in sneak mode.
- If the area is revisited, the statue will still explode as if a gargoyle was bursting out of it, but the gargoyle will not respawn.
- While gargoyles are immune to damage before they "activate," Soul Trap spells and weapons will still take effect, causing even still inactive gargoyles to visibly glow, allowing the Dragonborn to tell them apart from plain statues.
- When in their statue state, they cannot be detected with the Aura Whisper shout.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Gargoyle (Dawnguard). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, when a two-handed finishing move is performed on a gargoyle, the Dragonborn may fall through the floor.
- Sometimes, two gargoyle brutes will be traveling in the wilderness. Once killed, they will sometimes run in place. However, they are still dead, meaning their bodies can still be looted. To fix this, use the Unrelenting Force shout to knock their bodies over.
- After killing a gargoyle of any type, going through a loading screen door and then back into the room the gargoyle was killed in, its body will no longer be a ragdoll. Instead, it will be lying sideways on the floor with its model, making it look as if it is still alive. Its body can still be searched.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures||Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|