Garlic is an ingredient in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It can be used to make potions at an alchemy lab as part of alchemy. Garlic is extremely useful in potions due to its abundance in Skyrim and all its effects being beneficial. It may also be used as an ingredient in cooking.
- Can be sold by alchemists and alchemy shops.
- Can be found in containers such as barrels.
- Homes may have garlic braids, allowing one head of garlic to be picked.
- Found in almost every kitchen.
- Found on tables inside caves, hideouts and in forts.
- Can be found on bandits and other humanoid enemies.
- Faendal's House in Riverwood contains two garlic heads.
- Meeko's Shack located east of Dragon Bridge.
- Inside Bits and Pieces several garlic braids can be picked (does count as stealing).
- House Gray-Mane has a bowl with 8-9 garlic, and another on a nearby table.
- Inside Boulderfall Cave is a basket half full of garlic heads.
- Found inside Fort Hraggstad.
- At least three in Driftshade Refuge.
- Sven and Hilde's house in Riverwood contains six heads of garlic on six garlic braids.
- Found inside the Alchemist's Shack.
- Three braids are hanging from Carlotta Valentia's stall in Whiterun
The following food items require a piece of garlic in order to be created.
- Beef Stew
- Chicken Dumpling (can only be created if a Homestead has a Kitchen installed)
- Garlic Bread (can only be created if a Homestead has a Kitchen installed)
- Horker Stew
- Horker and Ash Yam Stew (can only be created if Dragonborn is installed)
- Tomato Soup
|Resist Poison||Fortify Stamina||Regenerate Magicka||Regenerate Health|
† Multiple effects
- Being combined with Nordic barnacles and salmon roe creates the single most valuable potion in the game (requires Hearthfire).
- Vampires are not affected by garlic.
- Although hanging from dried bunches, there are no garlic plants to be found in the game.