Background[edit | edit source]
She is the wife of Chief Burguk, along with Arob and Shel. She maintains the title of Forge-Wife for the stronghold, and is in charge of providing weapons and armor for the settlement. Her son, Umurn, is her apprentice, and they are typically found working together in the small workshop outside the stronghold's mine during waking hours.
As a blacksmith, she offers random weapons and armor for sale, having a base of 400 . She also purchases any ore taken from the local mine at full price.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
"Are you looking for work? The mines are nearby. You bring me ore, I'll give you coin."
- Can you train me to better use Heavy Armor? "Use it right, and you won't feel a thing."
- Your weapons and armor are impressive. "It is said that an Orc first learns to wield a hammer in her mother's womb. By tradition, a mother always teaches her children how to smith. If a chief has a second wife, she is called the "Forge-Wife" in honor of this."
- Gharol's Message
"We can trade when there's light outside."
- Do you trade your weapons with any of the cities? "Occasionally. But an Orc blade is a very personal thing. Anger, regret, pride. All these things are put into our steel. When my daughter Lash chose to leave the stronghold, I forged a sword to channel all my shame and grief. Honor me with a task, outlander. Bring the sword to my daughter, if you see her. It'll be all she needs to know."
- I'll make sure she gets it. "Thank you."
- Not right now. "As you wish."
Conversations[edit | edit source]
- Chief Burguk
Burguk: "I saw you working the forge today, wife. Your muscles have grown strong from the metal shaping!"
Gharol: "Do they, my chief? Am I now favored enough to replace Shel by your side at the feast? Back your words with action!"
Burguk: "No more talk of Shel. As chief, I will do what I please, so point your fiery gaze to our enemies."
Gharol: "Imagine the heads of your enemies as you forge. Let your hatred work the steel."
Umurn: "Yes, mother."
Umurn: "The metal has been stubborn today. It refuses to bend."
Gharol: "Save your anger for the forge. The steel cannot hear your whining."
Umurn: "Sorry, mother. I'll focus on my work."
Gharol: "Ah, is there any weapon finer than an Orc blade?"
Umurn: "No, mother. It's no wonder our enemies fear the sight of an Orc warrior."