Ghorbash served in the Imperial Legion and was known as Ghorbash Gro-Dushnikh. He left the stronghold to go adventuring in his earlier days, thus being exiled. Once he returned to Dushnikh Yal, Burguk was the new leader, and the Chief allowed him to reclaim his spot in the stronghold. Although Ghorbash states his desire to adventure again, he is reluctant to leave, for fear of dishonoring his place the chief had made for him. He can, however, be convinced via persuasion, paying him, or beating him in a brawl. Once he is convinced to take up adventuring again, he can be a follower, or speaking to him again when wearing an Amulet of Mara opens up Ghorbash as a Marriage candidate:
"That amulet. I've seen the Nords wear them when they're looking to marry. With your strength, you should have no trouble."
Interested in me, are you? "You're strong. Clever. I'd be proud to face the challenges of life with you, if you feel the same."
- I do. My hand is yours. "And mine is yours."
- I don't. Sorry. "If that's your wish."
By default, he wears Steel Armor. Despite wearing Heavy Armor, his highest skills are in Light Armor and Archery, with One-Handed and Block being slightly lower level than the two. His skills make him an effective archer. Any combination of a single-handed weapons and shields also suits him. In contrast with followers like Vilkas and Stenvar, Ghorbash is less effective with Heavy Armor and Two-Handed weaponry. As an ex-legionnaire, Ghorbash refuses to equip Stormcloak Armor.
As with many followers, Ghorbash resists arrest if the Dragonborn chooses that option after acquiring a bounty, although he cannot be commanded to steal items from containers, nor will he attack innocent people when commanded. Ghorbash can also join the Blades.
Attacking him enough times will result in the Dragonborn gaining a bounty from the Tribal Orcs.
- "This ceremony is so different from an Orc marriage. Less blood." - When talked to just before the wedding
- "We face the world together, now. Where should we live? My home is yours." - After the ceremony, before choosing a residence
- "A home for the two of us. I'll meet you there." - After choosing a home
- "A strange house, but strong. Solid. I think I'll open a store here. Something to do when you're gone." - First time greeted in player's home
- "A warrior marches on his gut. Here. I'll have another ready tomorrow." - When asked to cook a meal
- "Fortune smiles on us. Here is your half, love." - When asked if the store has made money
- "Conquer your enemies, my love." - Ending conversation
- "It's pleasing to see you again." - Passing comment
- "Speak. You can ask anything of me, love." - Opening conversation and passing comment