A trip to his basement reveals a hidden key under one of his plates, as well as the notes that some of the people in Skingrad might have alluded to, if one inquired about Glarthir. The hidden key opens the cupboard in Glarthir's bedroom, which holds several items that may be found useful.
Obtaining the keyEdit
In order to get the key to his house, one can take part in his quest, or it can be pickpocketed from him. Barring the pickpocket attempt, one can obtain his key during his quest, in one of two ways:
- Kill him and take it.
- After being given the task to kill his enemies, tell the town guard about it, and wait for them to kill him.
If Glarthir is killed after he has given the list of people to kill, his money and the key to his house can be obtained, and there will be no bounty. However, it may count as murder and the Dark Brotherhood will notice.
- When doing the quest Independent Thievery for the Thieves Guild, Glarthir's House is a great place to "steal" items and fence them for fenced gold. Even though Glarthir is dead, it is still considered trespassing to enter his house, and so everything is considered stolen by the game.
- There is a basket on the first floor that can somehow be opened. It contains some random loot and a huge amount of gold (700 or more).
- In the basement, one will find Glarthir's notes that describes his reflections of the people spying on him. They are available after the quest Paranoia.
- Any item or items stored in Glarthir's cabinets or chests will disappear after a certain amount of time.