The Dragonborn can hire his boat to go to the following locations:
- Solitude – 50 gold
- Dawnstar – 50 gold
- An island that is near the border to High Rock (he actually drops his passenger off at Icewater Jetty) – 500 gold
- "Climb on in the boat and get comfortable." – After asking to sail to Solitude or Dawnstar.
- "You just enjoy the fresh air and leave the rowing to me." – When boarding the boat.
- "The one with the ruined castle? Don't you know that place is cursed? Even seasoned sailors steer far around that place." – When asked to go to the island Castle Volkihar is on.
- "I'll take you as far as I can, but I'm not hanging around and it's gonna cost you extra." – When the Dragonborn insists on going to the island.
- "Climb on in and let's get this over with." – When convinced to go to the island.
- "You think I do this for my health? Come back when you've got the coin." – If the Dragonborn does not have enough gold to make the journey.
- Gort will respawn if killed.
- He may not be able to take the Dragonborn to the Icewater Jetty near Castle Volkihar. This may be a glitch or occur if the Volkihar are joined during the Dawnguard questline.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.