Grain Mills are found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They are located outside of cities in settlements, mostly on farms or outside rural cottages. With the Hearthfire add-on, one can be built at Heljarchen Hall.
They can be used by the Dragonborn. On use, the game enters third-person view, and the Dragonborn is shown walking around the mill, pushing the millstone. With Hearthfire, they can be used to make flour.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It takes three wheat to make one sack of flour.
- There are also wind powered grain mills, which can be used to make sacks of flour.
- In the Creation Kit preview window, the grain mill has three animation options: AmLooping, AmIdle, and Break. The Break animation shows the wooden part of the mill coming un-hinged from the stone wheel, and several pieces falling off.
- Followers can be commanded to push a grain mill, but they will not create sacks of flour, even if wheat is given to them.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Grain Mill. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After being activated, if the Dragonborn backs out and stops pushing the mill, it will continue to move until it returns to the starting position, seemingly under its own power.
- In some games, the grain mill will not work at all, even if the Dragonborn has the required number of wheat. No flour is produced, nor does any prompt appear. It is not known what causes this bug, or how to fix it.
- Activating the grain mill can cause the Dragonborn to face the same direction until a certain point in the mill's rotation is reached. From there, they will move with the mill until it returns to its starting position.