Conditions[edit | edit source]
The known conditions of the Green Pact are as follows:
- Only meat-based products can be consumed.
- Prohibits the use of wood or other vegetable derivatives as building materials.
- Forbidden to harm trees and plant life for their own betterment.
- Forbidden to smoke anything of a vegetable nature.
- Forbidden to alter their physical form(s)
Part of the Green Pact is the Meat Mandate, which dictates that a fallen enemy must be eaten completely before three days pass. Another portion of the Green Pact is the tradition of the pact-hostage, which helps to ensure equal treatment in a contract between unequal partners, such as a contract between a mage and a villager. If the more powerful party does not fulfill their end of the bargain, then the pact-hostage will be served to them as Unthrappa, or atonement in Tamrielic.
Effect on Bosmer culture[edit | edit source]
The Green Pact has heavily impacted Bosmeri cuisine, combat, weaponry and construction. The Bosmer have developed methods of fermenting meat and milk to develop powerful alcoholic beverages, and their weapons such as bows are often made of treated and shaped bones. Bosmer are also dependent on either stone or imported timber for construction purposes.
The Bosmer were religiously carnivorous and cannibalistic as a result of the Green Pact; this has led to changes in approaches to combat, such as fasting and planning family feasts following a battle.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Valenwood
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Aldmeri Dominion
- November 6, 2013. The Elder Scrolls Online Elder Scrolls Online Questions