|This article has an excess of redlinks in it. Attention is requested to create new articles from links to relevant topics and remove those links which lead to pages unlikely to be covered by the wiki.|
Gryphons, sometimes spelled griffins, are creatures that can be seen in Summerset. Except for the few that have been tamed as mounts, they are wild and hostile.
Description[edit | edit source]
Gryphons are large flying creatures with the body of a lion and the wings, talons, and beak of an eagle. The military order of Alinor and Cloudrest trains them for use as Welkynar, or Gryphon Knights, serving as the Summerset Isles main defense force.
Early attempts to domesticate gryphons were unsuccessful. Adults cannot be broken like horses and their eggs will not hatch under normal conditions. Only when placed on a fire and sung to will life spring forth. Ulorome of Sunhold was the first to succeed in this endeavor.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Lake next to Archon's Grove, Summerset, and inside the Grove
- Gryphon Aerie
- Gryphon Run
Variants[edit | edit source]
- This list is incomplete; help us expand it.
- Avuuma the Whirlwind
- Shade of Belanaril
- Shade of Falarielle
- Shade of Silaeda
- Not named
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yokudan statues of griffins can be found in al-Danobia Tomb. They can also be purchased for housing under Courtyard Furnishings.
- Various inns that appear in Arena have "Griffin" in there name.
- "Gryphon's Feather" is an ingredient from Daggerfall that can be used to create the Slowfalling effect. However, no gryphons exist in-game and thus can only be found in random loot or at alchemy shops.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Non-hostile gryphons in Gryphon Run
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
References[edit | edit source]