- All the Brethren carry a key which leads down to the caves. In every house in Hackdirt is a trapdoor which leads down to the system.
- Some of the Brethren carry Nightshade or Bonemeal.
- Occasionally, jewelry, such as necklaces and rings, can be found on Brethren.
- Sometimes, normal clothing is worn by the brethren.
- If the Hero sleeps in Moslin's Inn for a long enough period of time, they will be awakened from their sleep and attacked by a Hackdirt Brethren.
- If the Hero is unlucky, the Brethren will climb up a trapdoor in one of the houses and chase them away from the village. If they don't kill them, they'll keep chasing them farther away, even to other regions.
- There are a lot of bones lying in the cell down in the cave, which probably means Dar-Ma is not the first to fall victim for the Brethren.
- The Brethren are made to resemble the people of Innsmouth from the H.P. Lovecraft story The Shadow Over Innsmouth. This is a tie in to the Oblivion quest "A Shadow over Hackdirt."
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.