The inn was handed down through Hadring's family, all the way from his great grandfather, according to him.
Hadring provides with information about one of his customers, who is the target of assassination.
"Ah, hello there, traveler. Come to the Nightgate for food or lodging?"
- What can you tell me about the inn? "This old place? Been here forever. Built by my great grandda. Run by him, then all the way up the line to me."
- Do you get a lot of business? "Nah, not so much. The odd traveler on the road. But mostly just old Fultheim, come to drink away a lifetime of bad memories, I'd wager. Course there's the Orc. Long-term tenant, that one. For what he pays, I could afford to shut this place down."
- Tell me about the Orc. "Him? Oh... Ah, name's Balablob or Malaclob, one of them funny Orc names. Talks real good, though. Not a savage at all. Said he's a writer. Don't know what kind of job that is, but it must earn him some pretty coin. He's paid up for the next few months. He mostly just hangs about. Goes down to the lake, sometimes samples the wine stores in the cellar. Man can do whatever he pleases, far as I care."
- Where can I learn more about magic? "Seen enough magic in my day to know to stay away from it. I'd stay away from the Jarl's wizard in Dawnstar too. If you wanna be a damn fool, go to the College in Winterhold instead."
- Heard any rumors lately? "Have you seen that Shrine of Azura? They say the dark elves built it after they fled from Morrowind. Sight to see."
"Anything you need, just holler."