Hafjorg is an Elder Imperial alchemy merchant in Riften. She is married to Elgrim and helps run his shop, Elgrim's Elixirs. According to her, she knows how to concoct basic potions, but is no master alchemist.
She is generally kind towards the Dragonborn and her husband, though she disapproves of the location of the shop along the Riften canal waterways. She is typically found behind the counter though she can offer services when elsewhere in the shop as well.
She and Elgrim share the same inventory and gold amount, so there is little difference from bartering with either one unless the Dragonborn prefers Hafjorg's more polite demeanor.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
She offers a miscellaneous quest where the Dragonborn is asked to get an ore sample from Filnjar, in Shor's Stone. She will give four random potions as payment when the quest is completed. This also counts as aiding a citizen of the The Rift for becoming Thane.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Are you an alchemist as well? "I know how to mix a few basic potions, but I'm nowhere near as skilled as a master alchemist. I've picked up a few tricks by reading the tomes scattered all over the shop, but I don't have the knack to pull half of the formulas off. I wish Elgrim had spent more time tutoring me then that Ingun girl."
- Are you jealous of her? "Oh! No, I didn't mean it that way. Elgrim can barely put his on his own shoes let alone have the energy to pursue a young girl. He's been gushing about how talented Ingun is at alchemy. He'd never say it to her face; that's not his way. I just think Elgrim's taken it upon himself to mentor the young thing so he focuses a lot of attention on her."
- Does it bother you living underground? "When Elgrim said we were setting up shop down here, I told him he would catch his death. The dirt, the moisture... it's disgusting. Who wants to spend their life living like a skeever? But that old bellyacher just fed me some nonsense about light ruining his mixtures and being close to the water... agh."
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Where's my head? I never even greeted you properly."
- "This place has seen better days, but it's not my fault."