Below the Whiterun and Solitude locations sits catacombs where the dead are laid to rest. It is in here where the priests may also perform the death rituals. skeletons may still roam these catacombs.
If a citizen dies during gameplay, a coffin or burial urn will appear soon after in the catacombs of the nearest city, labelled with the name of the deceased citizen.
Cities containing Halls of the DeadEdit
- Death Blow of Abernanit in the first room to the left in the Catacombs.
- Amulet of Arkay is in the catacombs under the hall of the dead.
- A Stone of Barenziah
- The Doors of Oblivion – Conjuration skill book, under the bed on the left.
- Asgeir's wedding band if he is killed during "Bound Until Death" and the ring is not retrieved during the wedding.
- General Tullius' armor if he is killed during "Battle for Solitude."
- Vittoria's wedding band, wedding dress, wedding sandals and wedding wreath if Vittoria Vici is killed during "Bound Until Death."
- 2920, vol 04 - Rain's Hand – Restoration skill book, found on the shelf above the bed in the chamber to the right of the Shrine of Arkay.
- The Taste of Death (Markarth)
- Andurs' Arkay Amulet (Whiterun)
- Blood on the Ice (Windhelm)
- Pilgrimage (Riften)