Proficiency in the Hand-to-Hand combat arts skill provides the player the ability to attack, damage, and fatigue opponents, even ghosts, without weapons. Experience in hand-to-hand combat can be just as deadly as wielding a sword. (From the Elder Scrolls website)
- Governing Attribute: Strength
Skill levels[edit | edit source]
- Novice (0–24): Basic power attack with a damage bonus in all directions.
- Apprentice (25–49): Damage bonus with mastery standing power attack.
- Journeyman (50–74): Mastery left and right power attack. Has a chance to disarm and also recoils opponents using weapons when blocking (Journeyman Block also increases this chance). Your attacks can now also damage ghosts and similar creatures.
- Expert (75–99): Mastery backwards power attack, chance of knockdown and, when blocking, has a chance of knockback.
- Master (100): Mastery forward power attack, chance to paralyze and, when blocking, has a chance of disarm on knockback.
Hand-to-Hand trainers[edit | edit source]
- Refer to the Trainers page.
Books that permanently increase the Hand to Hand skill[edit | edit source]
- Immortal Blood
- Master Zoaraym's Tale
- Ahzirr Traajijazeri
- The Wolf Queen, v 2
- Way of the Exposed Palm
Leveling text[edit | edit source]
Journeyman[edit | edit source]
Thick calluses cover your knuckles and joints from long hours of punching and kicking. At long last you are a Journeyman in Hand to Hand combat. Your Sidestep power attack now has a chance to disarm your opponent. Press and hold Attack while moving left or right to use this power attack.
Expert[edit | edit source]
You are now an Expert in Hand to Hand combat. You gain the Sweeping power attack, with a chance to knock down your opponent. Press and hold Attack while moving backwards to use this power attack.
Master[edit | edit source]
At long last you are a Master of Hand to Hand combat. You now have the Rushing power attack, which has a chance to paralyze your opponent. Press and hold Attack while moving forward to use this power attack. Blocking has a chance to disarm your opponent.
Punching power increase[edit | edit source]
To increase the power of your punches one has to increase fatigue, strength, and skill. At the height of all three, one could do up to 15 damage per punch.
NPC dialogue[edit | edit source]
Once one's Hand to hand skill level reaches 70 or higher, NPCs will say: "Seems you've bloodied your knuckles a few times."