Hide Armor is a set of light armor that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The most basic form of light armor, both in cost and protection, Hide Armor is very common and can be found throughout Skyrim from the beginning of the game.
All pieces require the same amount of materials to craft as leather armor, though hide armor offers much lower protection. This makes the set less desirable to craft, minus the shield, for which there is no leather variant.
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Commonly worn by bandits.
- A full set (minus the shield) is worn by Arvel the Swift, who is found within Bleak Falls Barrow.
Pieces can be upgraded at a workbench with a piece of leather, however, they do not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Total (with shield)||55||13||120||13||10||–|
|Total (without shield)||40||9||95||9||8||–|
- The design of this armor indicate that it appears to be the first form of the Studded Armor and Scaled Armor sets; with Hide having no metals in its crafting list, whilst the latter two make use of Iron and Steel respectively in that order.
- Though hide armor only uses leather and leather strips in its crafting, there are obvious metallic components on the armor, such as the large buckle on the chest, the studs on the bracers, and the metal on the helmet.