Highpoint Tower is a fort in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. It is a typical Imperial stone ruin, comprising a single tower with a spiral staircase winding its way downwards into the ground, followed by a complex of rooms underground.
Interior[edit | edit source]
There are three levels on the spiral staircase, each with evidence of habitation (furniture, plates, goblets, an extinguished fire). At the bottom, a corridor leads to a spider lair, containing flame spiders, flame cloaked spiders, jumping frost spiders, and their albino equivalents. North of the lair, a corridor leads to other areas of the fort, guarded by ash spawn, electrical magic casters (powered by soul gems that can be shot off with an arrow), and magic runes on the floors.
There is also an extensive system of caves, which can be reached through a break in one of the eastern walls of the fort.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- Ildari's Journal, vol. I – Second level on table upon entering the tower and heading downstairs.
- Ildari's Journal, vol. II – In the prison on the central table
- Ildari's Journal, vol. III – In the large cavernous area, on a table near an alchemy lab in the northeastern broken tower.
- Telvanni Robes – Worn by Ildari Sarothril.
- Sapphire, amethyst, ruby and emerald geodes in the spider caverns.
- Gold and oricalchum ore in the mine.
- Souls, Black and White – Open crate.
- Ahzidal's Descent – On shelf in second tower.
- A beam behind the alchemical ingredients has a wood chopping block and a black soul gem in a box.
- Wedding Wreath – In the chamber where the ash guardian is confronted, there is a small alcove full of various mushrooms and fungi. Under the wooden walkway is an open box containing the wreath, a couple other hats, and two valuable necklaces.
- A full set of Skaal armor can be found in the tunnels after the chamber where the ash guardian is fought. In one of the tunnels there is a ramp leading up the side of the chasm, and this is where the armor set can be found, as well as a strongbox.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Ash Guardian
- Ash Spawn
- Albino Spider
- Ildari Sarothril
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The entrance will be blocked with ash until the quest "Old Friends" has begun.
- It is one of the few locations in the game where firewood can been found and picked up as normal loot.
- If planning on keeping Niyya alive, it is highly advisable to clear away the rocks from the rockfall in the previous room, as she has very low health, and they can kill her fairly easily. Alternatively, waiting until she starts to head for the exit and using the "wait" command for a few hours will teleport her outside the fort.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Followers may become stuck on the platform the ash guardian spawns on.
- Unrelenting Force or by sprinting into them, forcing them out of the way. This can be fixed by knocking the follower off the platform with
Appearances[edit | edit source]