Hlidara Mothril is an Altmer who is the chaplain and chief advisor of Countess Alessia Caro, Countess of Leyawiin. Though she supports Alessia Caro's policy of moving Leyawiin towards more prominence in the Empire, Hlidara is less than pleased with her views on Argonians and Khajiits.
She can be found in the dining area of Castle Leyawiin at around 8 pm, and follows Alessia Caro all day wherever she goes, including during the Countess' monthly pilgrimage to Chorrol. If the Countess dies, Hlidara will spend nearly all her time sleeping except for a four-hour meal in the dining hall.
Hlidara will provide a wealth of information provided her disposition is high enough, specifically details on Alessia's routines, when she takes off her ring and the secret torture chamber which Alessia uses to torture Argonians, the last of which she shows visible fear and disgust with.
"I am Hlidara Mothril, Lady Leyawiin's chaplain and chief advisor. I assist Her Ladyship so that her enlightened policies might achieve the greatest possible influence upon the affairs of County Leyawiin."
- Leyawiin "Leyawiin is in a state of transition. It has long been a respected county making moderate cultural and economic contributions to the Empire. However, Leyawiin must move towards the mainstream of Imperial culture, both in trade and in political affairs."
"I think I hear milady calling."
- Finding Alessia Caro
- "I don't think I like that question. Are you planning something nefarious? Why don't you just go away."
- (If disposition is over 60) "Mornings she is at the town chapel. At the castle, she hosts the evening meal at eight. She retires sometime after eleven. She travels to Chorrol on the Ides of every month. Don't even try to find her between the 15th and 17th."
- Recovered Caro family ring
- "Lady Alessia frowns on her staff talking about her personal life. You understand. I'm sure."
- (If disposition is over 70) "Countess Caro is so relieved to have the ring back. It's been missing for many years. She wears it constantly. Well, not all the time. I mean, she puts it in her jewelry box for baths and at night. No proper lady would wear her jewelry to bed."
If the dark secrets of the castle are discovered:
- "Shh! It's dangerous to be heard talking about that. The Countess has a secret passage somewhere in the basement that leads to her private quarters. That's where the torture chamber is. Sometimes I can hear the screams of the prisoners when I'm in my chambers."
"Oh my! Are you an adventurer?"
- Hlidara is one of only five people in the base game to wear the rare zero-weight Forester's Shirt, along with the more common Tan Linens and Quilted Shoes. Since she is not essential, the shirt can be looted from her body if she is killed.