Hofgrir Horse-Crusher got his nickname by crushing a colt's spine while riding drunk. He has a Mark of Dibella given to him by Haelga in exchange for an "intimate favor." Get it from him in as part of completing Svana Far-Shield's favor. He is not easily persuaded to give up the Mark. It is, however, very easy to pick his pockets.
The Dragonborn can accept his challenge and brawl with him on a 100 bet. Winning the brawl, and therefore the bet, will make the horses and items inside the stables free to take. He is a potential target for kidnappers in Rescue Mission, a radiant quest for the Companions.
- "Too lazy to walk, eh? Well, you've found the right place."
- "Got horses that need shoeing, so make it quick."
- Brawling with him and losing due to backing away may cause the player's gold to become inaccessible.
- If one does not have enough gold to brawl with him and tries to anyway, the brawl dialogue will disappear permanently.
- If near the horses while brawling with him and a horse kicks him it may be seen as an assault and cause anyone nearby to become hostile and the player will get a 40 gold bounty added.
- Sometimes when brawling with him, he may draw his weapon for no apparent reason and the brawl will turn deadly. If that happens a player may kill him without incurring any bounty.